Six weeks have flown since my operation. I’ve had several return visits to the hospital and even a visit to my GP as well.
What’s happened since my last update?
- I still haven’t gained nerve sensation in my legs or bladder/bowel function
- My consultant seemed pleased with my progress. I don’t have to go back for six weeks then I’m in the spinal clinic instead.
- I’ve tried using a range of different intermittent catheters (and have the internet’s first catheter review scheduled to be published soon)
- I’m still walking with a stick and tire quickly. I walk at 1/2 to 2/3 of my old walking speed but daily exercise seems to be helping.
- I’m not as wobbly as I was weeks ago but I still fall over
- I’m still signed off work
- My wound has totally healed although it hurts if I sit up for too long
- I’ve started the exercises the physiotherapist gave me at the hospital
I would like to think I’m going to be back at work in another six weeks time. Fingers crossed!